BIO 2015 – Observations from the Floor, June 16, 2015
BIO 2015 is in full swing and the Tergus stand in the NC Bio pavilions (booth #4235) is hopping. Vijendra Nalamothu, CEO and co-founder of Tergus is doing two on-stage presentations tomorrow.
- QbD—the Advantage of Using QbD with Topical Pharmaceuticals, Wednesday, June 17th, 11:00 – 11:30 a.m. Tergus has a fully-implemented QbD program and has led the industry in using Quality by Design with topical pharmaceuticals. Dr. Nalamothu will discuss lessons learned and the advantages Tergus has seen with QbD.
- The Duncan Hines Cake Mix Paradigm—Special Considerations for Topical Formulations, Wednesday, June 17th, 11:30 – Noon. Topical pharmaceutical formulation and development has been compared to Duncan Hines cake mixes—in the hands of different cooks, the results can be completely different. Topical pharmaceutical formulation carries with it a number of special considerations to create successful end results. Dr. Nalamothu will discuss how to overcome the Duncan Hines paradigm.
We ran across an interesting article in the daily show publication on selecting the right outsourcing partner. The author, Dr. Susanne Resatz, gives four main things that companies should look for when choosing an outsourced development or manufacturing partner: Experience, Creativity and Flexibility, Meeting International Quality Standards, Financial Stability and a Shared Vision. She also states that having a strong knowledge of regulations, a good working relationship with regulators and a well-trained team are also important.
At Tergus, we work very hard to become, in essence, an extension of our clients’ labs. We know how important the projects we undertake are to our clients and we share the passion that they have.
If you are at BIO, we invite you to stop by the NC Pavilion (Booth #4235) and say hello!
- Large vs. Small – Why small, agile manufacturing operations trump large companies
- SUPAC-SS GUIDANCE EXPLAINED – When In Vitro Release Testing (IVRT) is Required for Semisolid Products
- Continuous Manufacturing and Semi-Solids
- Tergus Hires Quality Assurance (QA) Executive – Kelly Thomas has 18 years of experience in quality control and cGMP
- Skin Cancer Drug Fast-tracked to Patients in UK